THE HAIR TREND WE'RE TAKING INTO 2019
One trend we are 100% taking into the new year, are statement hair accessories. Our Instagram feeds have been filled with luscious hair and cute clips with diamante slogans. Taken straight from designer catwalks and seen on some of our fave style icons, there’s no better way to vamp up your hair-do with a little something different. And what’s even better, it can make those days where you don’t feel like washing your hair more acceptable by distracting from the slightly greasy roots. We’ve rounded up some of our favourite accessories, both designer and high street so you can choose whether to splash out and treat yo’ self or grab a bargain.
The Gucci clip is one of our favourites, we love the mix of tortoise shell and diamantes. And you know, anything with Gucci has us sold… It’s a little on the pricey side, but if you’re all about the designer brands, why not flaunt it in your hair.
2. An amazing dupe of the Gucci hair slide are these clips from ASOS. You get four for a tenner and what’s even better, it includes a similar diamante word. Messy hair? No problem, tame it with these clips and you can play with using multiple clips at once.
3. Oversized pear clips from Anthropologie adds a vintage feel to your look, and it’s super cute too!
4. Pearl hair clips were first seen at the Simone Rocha show for spring 2018, and the designer brand later released a statement bow clip that we instantly fell in love with. At £150, it’s not exactly a bargain, however it is a thing of pure beauty. Pair with natural makeup for a minimal and elegant look.
5. Low pony tails paired with ribbon are a gorgeous, and super easy way to mix up your hair style and do something new. Extra brownie points for velvet ribbon too! This looks great with day old (or two-day old) hair for texture. Ribbon can be found in any haberdashery store for less than £1. And what’s great is that if it doesn’t work for you and your hair, you’re not heavily out of pocket.
6. Miu Miu have released an oversized ribbon bow clip, that you put in the back of your hair for a quick and easy hairstyle. This is perfect for those days where you’re running out the door because you overslept your alarm (this happens more times than we care to admit). Although this one is £135, it is already tied in the perfect bow to save you time and ensure the perfect hair every time.
7. Using vintage silk scarves can be used to wrap around your head and appear as a head band. Although you can get ready-made head bands from brands like Topshop, it is quite likely you may have something similar already in your house. Simply tie around your head and clip into place for a cute 1950’s inspired look. You can mix and match the scarves or if you don’t own one, pick one up from your local charity shop.
Written for Girl-Corp.com